Thursday, March 16, 2017

A place for things.

Hello my quilty friends! Today I have a sewing machine mat with pockets for you. 
I really wish I were a little more organized in my sewing space. I look on Pintrest and  other blogs and drool over how nice some of the sewing spaces are.... Oh it will happen some day!  So until that day..... I saw this sewing mat over at Lilly ella and I knew I could use this to keep my scissors, pens, cutter and the always used seam ripper in one spot and that I will not lose them, like I normally do while sewing.  I knew I had to make it!  I found this great fabric at my local quilt shop and feel in love with the colors plus it matches the rug in my sewing room. 
Above is a closer look of the selvege pockets that I made as well as the paper pieced butterfly which is also a pattern over at Lilly ella. 
 This was a fun easy project. I super happy with how it turned out.  I really like the flower fabric...such sweet little flowers.
My table is just a cheep little table from Ikea and it is starting to chip on the edges and I keep snagging my sweaters, so my new little mat is going to stop this from happening. Yea!

Thanks for stopping by and until I see you again wishing you Quilty Hugs~Heide 

Linkys-
Finish up Fridays.

8 comments:

  1. That is so nifty, I have a mat under my machine, as I slide it to the right when I have my laptop there, but having seen yours with those so handy pockets, need to make a new one. Lovely fabric and the patterns on the pockets!!!Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mat turned out so great! I love the fabrics you chose, and the butterfly is most excellent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so useful! Especially having all of your wonder clips all lined up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fantastic way to start being more organised, everything very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the butterfly piecing and the whole thing looks very organied :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great finish!! I love it. It's super handy and a great addition to your work area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about making a sewing machine mat also. You have inspired me to "get with it"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous and I love the butterfly! I have seen these and wondered about making one but my sewing table has a little drawer in front which I wouldn't be able to access ..... I will just have to admire everyone elses!

    ReplyDelete